Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been using the Plantronics BackBeat GO2's off & on for a year now and can't say I'm pleased with them.

Was hoping to wear these while running but getting them to stay in place has been futile. I've tried all 3 bud sizes and moved the plastic clip into every possible position but to no avail. Secondly the sound quality is mediocre at best, perhaps due to the poor fitting. As mentioned previously the charge doesn't last as long as I would have hoped or expected.

On the upside they seem quite durable which is a must when using them in the gym.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Picked up the mpow wolverine bluetooth earbuds...finally have a pair of wireless buds that will actually stay in place while running. The sound quality is similar to the plantronics but the BT range seems to be quite a bit less which appears to be causing more drop-out. On the upside the mpow's battery life is substantially longer and for about half the price.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Kid got some Sony wireless buds (MDRAS600BT) about a month ago. He's still saying his really happy with them, gets 8 hours of play time. Said no dropouts but then his phone is always close by.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Earbuds seem like such a shot in the dark...sometimes expensive ones break in no time, and cheap Sony ones lasts for years! My favourite pair I ever had was a pair of Bose IE2s. So awesome in every way; unfortunately I lost them on the subway:(
Been struggling getting my hands on a decent pair of IEM's in the $100 range. Not a bass-head but would appreciate something with a warm bottom end. Picked up a pair of KEF 200's but they were an awkward fit, then the Sony Hi-Res 'h.ear in' buds...decent mids & highs but again weak in the lows. Today I picked up the Shure SE215's but am hesitant to even open them as this hit & miss approach is becoming quite expensive.

Currently using a pair of Samsung's that came with my wife's phone that are superior in sound/comfort than any of the aforementioned. I'm looking at Sennheiser Momentum's or even Bose next. Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
62 Posts
If nothing else, I now appreciate the importance of a proper fit. A mediocre pair of earbuds with the right fit can outperform the higher end IEM's with an improper fit. I may have to look into getting some decent custom tips.

·
Banned
33 Posts
There's plenty, Skullcandy for example. Their earphones are pretty easy to fit. Not sure about their headphones though. I can't say the headphones are "extreme light". You better get an earphone, that would be best for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Picked up some foam tips from Comply and they seem to help...a bit more forgiving fit than the stock silicone tips that come with the IEM's.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts