Rdio, the on-demand music service and Polaris Music Prize have partnered to bring Canadian music fans free full album streaming of Short List nominated albums for the Polaris Music Prize.
Now in its sixth year, the Polaris Music Prize awards $30,000 for the Best Canadian Album, as voted on by a jury of music journalists, broadcasters, and bloggers from across Canada.
The Polaris Music Prize kicked off in June with a Long List of nominees, comprised of the top 40 full-length Canadian records released from June 1, 2010, to May 31, 2011. The Short List was announced in July.
Twice a week, between now and the awarding of top prize, listeners in Canada can hear the following albums in their entirety, each for a 24-hour period from 12:01 a.m. EDT to 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- Tuesday, August 23 - Braids "Native Speaker"
- Thursday, August 25 - Destroyer "Kaputt"
- Tuesday, August 30 - Galaxie "Tigre et Diesel"
- Thursday, September 1 - Hey Rosetta! "Seeds"
- Tuesday, September 6 - Colin Stetson "New History Warfare Vol. 2: Judges"
- Thursday, September 8 - Timber Timbre "Creep on Creepin' On"
- Tuesday, September 13 - Ron Sexsmith "Long Player Late Bloomer"
- Thursday, September 15 - Austra "Feel It Break"
Free album streaming of the Short Listed albums is available from the Polaris site at http://www.polarismusicprize.ca/.
Discuss in Digital Home's Canadian AM/FM Radio and Music forum .