Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I don't know if i'm just confused or something. But has this new RAZER channel replaced MTV? Do we no longer get MTV?
If anyone can clear this up please let me know!
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
MTV Canada is gone.

Yes. Since CHUM bought CRAIG, they can continue to keep the MTV brand name out of Canada by re-naming that channel to RAZER.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Programming on Razer isn't bad, but why in the world would they use such a childish logo? It saddens me CHUM aren't as creative as other companies.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Most MTV shows seem to be on CTV for some reason. As an MTV fan for many years, i watched MTV Canada only a few time and quickly went back to watching the real MTV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
MTV gone? Replaced with Razer?

When did this happen and why? All of the MTV shows are gone and they are replaced with your bargain basement canadian shows.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unsurprisingly shaw never contacted me to ask if I wanted to continue my subscription to this channel. I can assure you I won't be.

·
Registered
25 Posts
MTV Canada - Razer...

Is anyone else not dissapointed about this? I mean honestly I loved the wildboyz, viva la bam and other shows on MTV! It really sucks that chum bought out MTV canada and changed this over to razer.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I Own Shaw said:
Is anyone else not dissapointed about this? I mean honestly I loved the wildboyz, viva la bam and other shows on MTV! It really sucks that chum bought out MTV canada and changed this over to razer.
Nothing is going to change this decision no matter how disappointed anyone is. Chum may have successfully driven the MTV brand out of Canada perminantly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't understand why MTV would EVER ever sell rights to Muchmusic for their shows and other original content?

I guess money means more to them then ****ing a company who has ****ed them over so many times.

Much music/chum seem to rely very heavily on content from MTV.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I Own Shaw said:
Yeah no more Steve-O !!!!!!!

Now you got him mad CHUM...
never seen him get this way! :mad:
He's gone CRAZY!

·
Registered
84 Posts
oh man.. this is bullshit, they shouldve told the mtv subscribers that they were gonna change. this razr channel sucks. there just reruns of old shows like buffy. im gonna miss mtv, they had some great shows like boiling points.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here is the reply I got from Videotron regarding MTV Canada and MTV2:
We thank you for having taken the time to write us regarding MTV channel.

MTV Canada has been rebranded to Razer and MTV2 to PunchMuch since June 30th, 2005.

As a result of CHUM acquiring MTV Canada and MTV2 in its purchase of Craig Media Inc. On December 1, 2004, that change of control gave MTV Networks International the right to terminate their joint venture and licensing agreements with CHUM for these channels.

Note that throughout the month of June, MTV Canada and MTV2 has aired commercials on each channel advising viewers of the change and introducing the new brands.

This change is not a decision of Videotron.

For more information, please visit the following website:
http://www.razer.ca/
www.punchmuch.com

Thank you for your understanding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts