Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of the launch of Sportsnet 1 today, Rogers announced they acquired 35 games, of which at least 23 will be on the new Sportsnet 1 channel and the remainder on the full Sportsnet regional network.

Rogers Sportsnet and Rogers Sportsnet ONE are pleased to announce they have reached an agreement with Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment to broadcast 35 Toronto Raptors games each of the next three seasons.

Rogers Sportsnet ONE, a new 24-hour digital channel which launches on August 14th, will televise a minimum of 23 games for the 2010-2011 season, while the remaining games will be broadcast on Rogers Sportsnet. The Rogers Sportsnet ONE and Rogers Sportsnet schedules will be released later this summer.

In addition, the Sportsnet group of channels will broadcast at least 35 other regular-season NBA games plus 22 playoff games each year. The schedules for these games will be announced at a later date.
I'm taking it that the rest of the games wind up split between TSN and Raptors NBA TV, as CBC is gone and rumor is The Score is losing their allotment of games.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I expect that they will show MUCH more than 35 regular season games when all said and done... Nights without a hockey game last year were rough for them, so I am sure they will plug them with NBA, providing it doesn't conflict with a Raptors game.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I agree, but the question is will TSN2 and Raps TV let them. TSN like having the first game of the TNT doubleheader on Thursday. I could see Sportsnet airing ESPN's NBA Wednesday if the Raps aren't playing because TSN has exclusive hockey coverage on Wednesday.

35 did seem like a low number to me though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts