Rango, the popular computer-animated Western comedy film that tells the story of a pet chameleon (voice of Johnny Depp) that becomes accidentally stranded in the Mojave Desert after his terrarium falls from his owner's car will be out on Blu-ray on July 15th.
Directed by Gore Verbinski, best known for directing the first three Pirates of the Caribbean films, the film was a box-office hit and well received by film critics.
The Rango Blu-ray/DVD Combo with Digital Copy will feature both the theatrical version of the film and an extended cut including a never-before-seen alternate ending, 10 deleted scenes, a two-part exploration of the filmmaking process, and a look at the real creatures of Dirt, an interactive field trip to Dirt and more.
Features of the Blu-ray disc include:
- Theatrical and Extended Version
- Commentary--By director, story co-writer and producer Gore Verbinski, head of story James Ward Byrkit, production designer Mark "Crash" McCreery, animation director Hal Hickel and visual effects supervisor Tim Alexander (on Extended Version only)
- Breaking The Rules: Making Animation History-- Discover how Gore Verbinski and Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) prepared for their first animated movie by following every step the filmmakers made to create this new kind of animated film.
- The Stage Is Set (Part 1)
- Now We Ride (Part 2)
- Real Creatures of Dirt--In this fun and educational piece, animal experts talk about the real creatures that inspired the characters of Rango and the filmmakers explain why they chose specific animals to reflect certain personality traits.
- Storyboard Reel Picture-In-Picture--experience by watching the entire feature with picture-in-picture images of the storyboards (Theatrical Version only).
- A Field Trip to Dirt--Using the technology and footage from ILM's special camera, viewers are put in control of their own tour of Dirt.
- Ten Deleted Scenes--Including a never-before-seen alternate ending
- Theatrical Trailer
Discuss Rango's release in Digital Home's What's On Blu-ray, DVD and in the theatres discussion forum.