Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For months now I have had the QSG order set to IPG first. Today I noticed on all my boxes HDPVR and non HDPVR that pushing the Guide button once brings up the QSG first. Pushing the Guide button again goes back to the full screen program. The next push of the Guide button brings up the IPG. Pushing Guide again brings up the QSG.
Pushing exit from the IPG or the QSG does not change the order.
I still have selected IPG as first in the order. A reboot does not help.
Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I noticed that too. After resetting the priority to the IPG the quick start comes up every other time.

I'm thinking that this is a Roger's glich that they need to correct. I have not rebooted but since you rebooted and it did not fix it, I'm thinking there is no use in me trying to reboot too.

Has anyone called Rogers on this?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Same here, thought I was going crazy at first, or somehow dbl clicking fast.
There was some sort of upgrade this morning. My wife said both pvr's were acting funny, and downstairs one actually had the word upgrade when she turned it on.

This eve it missed my 6:30 recording of how i met your mother. And I noticed a bunch of Thursday night shows "the office" 30 rock etc, were at odd times, and duped. I deleted all those and rebooted.

Pisses me off about how I met your mother. omni screwed up and went from s03e16 to s05e01 this week, but the description from the missed ep, sounds like the season 3 eps they started magically skipping.

Andrew

·
Registered
114 Posts
Upgrade this morning - CISCO logo

I just had posted a response in the thread about ipg / quick start guide acting funny today
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=135184

There is definitely something wonky going on. I just booted my downstairs box, and now I have a large CISCO logo on my screen....going on 15 minutes now. Wonder when I should pull the plug and try again....

Andrew

·
Registered
114 Posts
Second boot worked. Still must be some issues with upgrade or rogers in general.

Guide button still alternates between IPS and Quickstart.

Also while two programs are recording hitting the Guide button brings up the "Attention.. stop recording, cancel request..." screen..... and while doing all that the box just automagically rebooted itself.

Guess I"ll turn it off and play xbox for a while.

Andrew

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just called Rogers about this. Surprisingly, this is the first they heard of this problem. They walked me through a reboot, even though I did it before I called them, and the problem remained. The guy is going to send the issue to their engineers for resolution. They are to call me when it is fixed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just noticed this today on my Explorer 3200. I'll try a few reboots and if it persists will report it to Rogers.

Edit: Also happening on my Explorer 1840. Good thing my 8642 and 4642 don't have the quick start guide.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
i know that if you have QSG as first order you cant press guide when your recording 2 shows, so the new update that they rolld out for some reason is making the quick start stick for some reason

·
Registered
751 Posts
I noticed this problem yesterday morning (Fri. Jan. 14) with my 8300HD. Later in the day I was watching a recording, and also one new show was being recorded. During this time, at around 4:30PM, the screen went black and a box appeared with text saying something like: "Program update in progress, please wait" (I can't remember the exact text). There was also a line of white boxes underneath which pulsed to indicate activity.

After a minute or so, the screen returned to the recording I was watching, paused to where I was at the time the update started. There was no reboot and the new recording seemed to have proceeded normally throughout the update. I later found that it had indeed recorded fine.

After I finished watching the recording, I checked the guide operation and found that everything was back to normal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I checked this morning and everything is back to normal. However, I didn't get a call from Rogers saying that they fixed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts