Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Questions about Telus Internet

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  MAXAM 
#1 ·
I just wasted a couple of hours on chat and on the phone trying to get answers from a Telus CSR for these questions:

1. Does Telus allow you to use your own vdsl modem?

2. If not, are the Telus supplied modems any good?

3. Does Telus charge an installation fee for customers who move to another apartment and want to continue their service?

4. If I have internet only, does Telus charge a dry loop fee?

Thanks.

#7 ·
Q1: You will have to use their modem, however if you request the T1200h instead of the V1000h, you can enable bridge mode and use your own router. The modem part itself is excellent and will cause you no problems.
Q2: The modem is great, the router is okay. It's only N@2.4ghz for wireless, and has most regular features that 99% of us need. If you need more see my post above about getting the T1200h version that has bridge mode built in
Q3: AFAIK there is no fee unless it's your fault they have to come out, and that doesn't include first time installation. I'm sure you can get fees waived anyways by threatening to switch.
Q4: No dry loop fee, though you lose any discounts that are added when you bundle.

#8 ·
Telus email not working!
We have not been able to Send or Receive any email since shortly after 9:21 a.m. Friday, May31/2019! There have been no announcements either on the radio, TV, or newspapers. The only thing that I've heard about it was that someone posted,on a blog,that there was a major outage in Metro Vancouver and Victoria since May 31.
I phoned their Help Line and instead of getting a person I could talk to; a woman typed, "Hi, my name is xxxxx how may I help you?" So, I typed back the problem and all she said was, "We are experiencing a major outage in the Metro Vancouver area." I typed back that I all ready knew that and when can I expect that it will be fixed? She replied that they were working on it!
The really piss-off part is:When I contacted Telus to re-set my Pass Word they replied that they will send an email on what steps that you have to take to re-set it. Obviously, I didn't get their email because their system is broken!
We are seriously thinking of changing Internet carriers because this is really bad customer service!

#11 ·
Thanks Dr Dave! However, our problem isn't an Intermittent error, it's a Constant error! I even got my son, who is an I.T. manager, to check our computer. He tried for an hour to fix it but no joy! And, I would think that a major company like Telus would have posted some information on the Web, local TV News, or the radio about it but we've not heard one word that they are experiencing a "Major Outage" in the Metro Vancouver area as the woman called it on their Help Line.
The main reason we want our email restored is: My wife has been in and out of hospital since May 3 and had two different ultrasounds, two different CT scans, and a laparoscopy to find out why she is having severe abdominal pain and constant diarrhea and nausea. She recently had another blood test at a lab and we wanted to see her latest results on BC's on-line e-health site that shows any abnormal values of the test. BTW: I check my PSA results on there, yearly.

#17 ·
Good News!
My son found a fix and remotely (I let him take control of my computer) he walked me through all the steps to restore our email. I could see, on my screen, everything he was doing. It took over half an hour. I even got Mye-health.com info on my wife's last bloodwork and unfortunately she has seven abnormal readings. I guess we will be hearing from our G.P. soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.