Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a K3 for my husband's birthday and bought today's issue of the Globe and Mail to check it out. I was impressed to see quite a few photos. Does anyone know if we had two Kindles, would we be able to pay one subscription price but have it download to both devices?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I bought a K3 for my husband's birthday and bought today's issue of the Globe and Mail to check it out. I was impressed to see quite a few photos. Does anyone know if we had two Kindles, would we be able to pay one subscription price but have it download to both devices?
You can read most books on up to 6 devices, as long as they are all registered to the same Kindle account/credit card. This includes Kindles and Kindle apps for mobile phones or the desktop app. I believe that periodicals can only be opened on one device, unfortunately.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys. And just in case anyone is interested in the Globe and Mail subscription, both NeilN and I are correct about the price. The Kindle version is $15.99/mth and now includes photos, and then there's the Globe2Go version at the prices NeilN quoted. Nice to have a choice...

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Here's antoher reco for Calibre. Owning both a Kindle and an iPad this is something that shows the benefit of having a good quality browser which you have on the iPad. With publications like the Globe and the Economist you can just access all of the content on the web page and not pay any fee, at least until they start charging for web access.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Does the browser now work on the Kindle in Canada? When I bought my K2 a year or so ago they disabled the web browser in Canada other than Wikipedia.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
OK, thanks. I rarely turn the radio on for my Kindle unless I am planning on downloading a book, not that I even really use my Kindle now that I have the iPad.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Globe and Mail is available in 2 versions for the Kindle.

1 - text mostly with a few pictures from Amazon for $14.95 per month, delivered automatically by wifi or 3G.

2 - from the G&M - Globe 2 Go - $19.95 per month and you need to download it to your PC or MAC - MOBI format and then use like Calibre to move it to your Kindle. More work, but you get the full pages and text - works pretty good. Not sure if the extra $5 and more work is worth it though...

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
The Globe is also available for $0 per month using Calibre which creates an eBook doc from the Globe's web site.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wayne wrote:
---- The Globe is also available for $0 per month using Calibre which creates an eBook doc from the Globe's web site ---

True, but you do not get the full edition - missing some features and content. But then again it's free...

I am OK with the $.50 per day for good content.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts