Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While researching prepaid packages on the Telus website, I find some confusing small print.

Does anyone know if its possible to have a prepaid voice plan with a data add-on if you bring your own HSPA device? (in this case, an iPhone)

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spoke to Telus and they "just" made a package change whereby you can have the prepaid data plan with a prepaid voice plan.

So....I bought a full price iPhone4 from the Apple store and I am about to enjoy an unlocked iPhone on my terms. I figure I can have everything I want/need for under $30/month with no SAF.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Additional question on the prepaid data add-on...

What happens if i go over the 250MB in the month? Does it just stop working? Or do I start to incur an overage charge?

And is it true that the data/messaging will stop working if there are no prepaid voice credits on the account?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that's the fine print that triggered my initial question in the thread. I called Telus and in fact that is out of date and they are now able to offer 3G+ (HSPA)data on prepaid.

I set up this morning on an iPhone4 and it's working fine. I'm just wondering what to expect if the 250Mb runs out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.