Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been scouring kijiji and the nexus ones I have seen on there have been coming down in price significantly, into the mid $200's. I know that this is a great phone, but am I going to regret getting it in lieu of waiting for the Galaxy S2 just to save some cash?

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. The N1 is a good phone and short of the front facing camera I don't know what else it needs.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
just wait :) As much as I love my DESIRE (close twin/relative of the nexus one with sense) I already want a new bigger android! LOL

That samsung looks like its really worth the wait and a low purchase price with a 3 year contract! LOL what carrier is getting this phone? I just spent a few minutes looking it over on the samsung site. very very nice

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be using it for the typical smartphone stuff, which entails using it for everything except actual phone calls. :)

Playing games, texting and surfing the web will be the primary uses.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
The biggest differences in terms of those applications are going to be the larger screen and maybe the faster processor.

If you can wait, then the S2 might be a better choice.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have been considering the same thing except I was looking at the Nexus S.

The Galaxy S2 looks like it will be a big leap in price but it has dual core.

For general use is there going to be a big difference?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Nothing yet has really been coded to really take advantage of the dual core aspect of the new phones, but it will come with time. For texting and surfing, the N1 will be great for you, as well as for most games. Only if you want to play some very new games will the dual core be any noticeable advantage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts