Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if with the Rogers trade in your satellite promo, do you just need to trade in the receiver or are there specific conditions? Here's my situation, I have a house and a condo. My house has 4 satellite receivers but I'm getting Bell FibeTV on Monday. At my condo I have BellTV for condos but would prefer to get Rogers. I'm wondering if I can sign up at my condo for Rogers, trade in 2 of my satellite receivers from my house and get the 2 receivers from Rogers for free then get cable here... It doesn't really say, just not sure if they need the service active or what not. It says if you rent your receivers, a technician will take your Bell bill at install time, but if you own, then they will take your receivers with them when they leave.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It'll be a sub-contractor that comes to your door, and he won't care where the boxes come from. I'm sure you could buy a broken satellite receiver and use that, if you wanted.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
It says if you rent your receivers, a technician will take your Bell bill at install time
Wow, are you sure.? Can you give me a link to this information please.?

These Rental Receivers from Bell DO NOT belong to the Customer and it is AFAIK, the Customer that is on the hook for the cost of them if they do NOT go back to Bell.

·
Registered
387 Posts
My guess that Rogers has an agreement with Bell where Rogers simply returns those receivers traded in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.byebyedish.ca/tv

I currently own my satellite receiver: A technician will visit your residence to pick up your old receiver.

I currently rent my satellite receiver: A technician will visit your residence to pick up a copy of your bill.

I think you misread Pinza, if you rent you only give your bill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts