1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions about remotes.

Question about receiver remote and Harmony remote

First question:
I was able to program my 9241 remote to control my TV and my Yamaha amp (aux). However, the only reason I wanted the TV controlled was to turn it off. Now the issue I have is I want to be on SAT mode and have the volume buttons control my Yamaha. At the moment it controls the TV volume which is not used and always on 0.
How can I do this?

Second question:
I programmed my Harmony remote (after some time) and everything functions as expected, except for one thing. When I use the Harmony to control the 9241 it is to slow in responding, or sometimes I even have to press the buttons multiple times before the 9241 even responds.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
1. The operating manual for the STB/remote outlines how to do this. First you need to programme in the correct code for the AVR and then you need to programme the volume to control the AVR. Note that with Yamaha AVRs it's often not possible to have the remote turn the unit on and off because many Yamahas have discrete codes. Here's the thread on programming BTV remotes.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73546

2. This could be IR interference, especially if you've got an LCD TV. See the following post on the topic:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64463

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A beauty thanks, have the remote controlling the volume on my AVR.

I think you may be right with LCD interference, I have tested many timing settings and even though it has improved it still is intermittent.

Thanks!

·
Registered
988 Posts
FWIW my harmony is a bit sluggish with the Bell receivers as well. I don't have to hit the button multilpe times however, just a tad slower in terms of response times. I just put up with it -- do love the harmony macros. They make life so much easier for people easily confused by using multiple accessories / remotes and having to swtich TV inputs, etc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know... I have actually resorted to using the original remote for TV watching and the Harmony for everything else. The "sluggish" response was killing me.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The Harmony software allows you to tweak the delays which can be used to improve the responsiveness: Devices/Settings/Adjust the delays (speed settings)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts