Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused about something.

So my old iphone 6 is on the fritz,and I'm due for an upgrade anyway. I'm currently on an old grandfathered plan, which I need to change if I want to get a new upgrade. I'm fine with that. But here's what I find confusing:

I normally have been buying my phones outright (which is why I've kept my iphone 6 for seven years now--I'm not one of those "I need the new one now" guy). Let's round off the price of the iphone 12 to $1000. Right now, I can get an iphone 12 for $0 with a minimum $75/mo. plan. After two years I can trade it in for a new one or I can pay $500 (half price) and keep it. Or I can buy outright in installments.

Based on this, why would anyone pay $1000 when after two years I can buy it for $500 or just trade it in. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
110 Posts
you will be financing the other part of the 1000.00 with a monthly payment plus the phone plan. Example: Telus right now for the iphone 12.

Here's how it all breaks down
  • Retail Price
    $1440
  • Bring-It-Backᵀᴹ
    -$400
  • Total savings
    -$400
  • Device repayment amount
    $1040
  • Due today
    $0
  • Due monthly
    $43.33/mo.
  • This is on top of the plan that you pick, and at the end of the 24 months you would return the phone or pay the 400.00 bring it back credit that you received. Or in the case of the plan you are looking at the device credit that would have to be paid back would be 500.00.
  • So in the case of the example I showed you the total monthly bill for a 75.00 Telus plan plus the phone would be 75.00+43.33= 118.33/month plus tax for 2 years and then 400.00 at that point if I wanted to keep the phone.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I read that wrong. My bad. Knew it didn't make sense. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts