Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon i hope to purchase a 3d blu ray player but recently i've read that 3d tv's that don't require glasses are on the horizon. So i might be asking a stupid question but better to ask than blow money, will i require a 3d blu ray player with the new tv's and if so would these new tv's work with the present 3d blu ray players. I realize this may be too early for these questions as these new tv's are down the road but i got to watch the pocket book with the ever changing technology. Thanks for reading. :)

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Yes to view 3D, you'll need a source like a 3D Blu-ray or other.

As for glass free TV, I don't think we are that close. You can get a small screen worth big bucks right now but it is far from being perfect. Google it and you'll see it has more limits than 3D with glasses.

·
Registered
751 Posts
As Danster said, you will require a 3D capable Blu-ray player.

A present 3D capable Blu-ray player will almost certainly work with newer "no glasses required" TVs, if/when they become available. This is what's meant when it's stated that the Blu-ray 3D specification is "display agnostic".

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, i just wanted make sure that a 3d blu ray will be needed with the newer tv's. Appreciate the responses. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts