Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i did a search but couldn't find an answer... i'm new to dataphones, i know that with my old regular cellphone, i could get extra charges if i wasn't in my "cell", like if i traveled to another city a few hours from here (on the same provider's network) Some kind of long-distance charge added...
With data, is it the same? Or as long as i stay on the Bell network i'm fine in Canada?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
As long as you stay on the Bell network in Canada it's fine. Be careful if you are going to be near the Canada/US border though, as your phone may try to pick up a tower from one of the US carriers. On a CDMA device, you can set your network preferences to "Home Only" so it won't even try to connect. On an HSPA device, you may want to look through your phone settings to see if there's a "Data Roaming" feature you can disable.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool thanks! i imagined so, business trips to other local cities would get costly if it was roamed... and yes, near us border, but i got an iphone and data roaming is off... im leaving it there with all the threads i found about it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts