Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum and have a newbie question about my satellite tv.
What does it mean when some shows/channels have "(info)" beside their titles in the Bell satellite guide? Does that just mean they are for preview only?

Replies would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
"Info" by program on guide usually mean the channel is having a free preview. It could also mean a channel could be dropped or moved or just information about programming on that channel.

·
Registered
988 Posts
It's basically telling you to press the Info button on your remote to get specialized information like the things cyclist44 pointed out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
bell tv channel 1539 FIREPLACE HD

is this channel a real-time or a replay of a fireplace burning? id like to know please, if so do they broadcast the maintenance of it or no? I'm just wondering because it would be disappointing if I was just watching a repeat of a fireplace other then a real live broadcast of a fireplace.

thank you.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
It's a recording or set of recordings that Bell now runs for some reason year round 24/7. A couple of times a day if you watch closely you'll see a brief flicker in the program after which either a new log or logs is now burning or there has been a slight change in the camera angle either closer or away. I've never seen any maintenance on screen. Personally I enjoy watching the picture but wish that Bell and Stingray could end their war so that we could hear some music again and not just the fire occasionally crackling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts