Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

741 - 749 of 749 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Merci rabbit, bonne et heureuse année à vous.
Strangely, today while it's snowing with big winds, my tv reception is pretty good.
I saved this thread and will use it to troubleshoot my problem when the weather will be warmer.
Thank you again
Pierre

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good afternoon. Are CBMT, CBFT, and possibly CJNT off the air this afternoon? I can't seem to pick up any of them today from just across the border. CKMI, CFHD and all of the other French UHF stations are still coming in nicely today.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here in Sherbrooke, QC, CBMT and CBFT work both very well. I don't know about CJNT, it is way too far and too low power to have a signal here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
WXAC and WPTZ vs. wind

Has anyone else noticed reception issues with both WCAX and WPTZ on windy days? I'm guessing it's related to the temporary tower setup. I use an in-attic 4 bay UHF antenna, so my end shouldn't really be affected by the wind directly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
True Rabbit, however I've only experienced this since they've moved to the temporary tower and lower power. I was just curious if others are noticing the same. I don't have any nearby trees in my path.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know what is going on in Sherbrooke. My HDTV Homerun tuner brings in channels 7, 11 and 24 but not 9 CKSH. My Tivo tuner brings in none of them except Global 11 but only when I set the number and it gives me PBS listings. . Any help? I'm a French teacher and want the french stations

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Does anyone know what is going on in Sherbrooke. My HDTV Homerun tuner brings in channels 7, 11 and 24 but not 9 CKSH. My Tivo tuner brings in none of them except Global 11 but only when I set the number and it gives me PBS listings. . Any help? I'm a French teacher and want the french stations
You'll need to rescan.

And you'll need to rescan again mid-week to get the changes in the Vermont and Lyon Mountain (WCFE) stations.

741 - 749 of 749 Posts