·
Registered
133 Posts
1. For now analog
2. Can't tell
3. No preamp, but i have an amplifier
4. St-Eustache
5. I would say about 40km

Keep in mind that i don't have any problem when the antenna is in my attic.

·
Banned
160 Posts
It appears that you are only getting VHF.
For some reason you have lost UHF.

Do you still have the antenna oriented in the right direction?
How long is your cable?
What sort of cable did you add to get up on your roof?
How did you connect the old line to the new line?
Did you put any filters on the line?
Did you accidentally flip any switches on your amp?
What sort of TV do you have?
Did you maybe change anything on your TV or STB?

How many UHF channels did you get?
Were they strong signals?

·
Registered
133 Posts
The only things i did is taking the antenna on the roof(same cable , same direction, same everything. And when i took it back in the attic everything was fine again.:confused:

I've got an Toshiba 34HF81. No UHF at all

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have the impression that you might have set your TV to "cable" mode instead of "antenna" mode. That's the number one cause of people not getting channels 13 and up.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
WatchmeN sounds like the amplifier you are using is overloading with the increased signal voltage when on the roof.Try disconnecting the amp.

·
Registered
133 Posts
SRC reception problem

I get most of my station pretty clear but the SRC(2) i have some kind electric noise it's hard to describe, but it's like when you start a blender you know those things on the screen.

Ok what cause that and how can you fix it, i'm from St-Eustache(north montréal)

thanks guys

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can I get CBC-HD in Laval?

Hey All,

I live in a Condo on the 3rd floor facing West. I bought a Samsung LCD with a built in Tuner.... and i plugged in normal amplified radio shack rabbit ears and without doing anything, I was able to catch PBS-HD on 57, pretty sweet...

I haven't been able to catch CBC though... Any idea on what could help. Is the signal too weak to reach Laval???

Any thoughts?

BTW, I live in LAVAL

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Bobbo, SRC and CBC Montreal broadcast digitally from the top of their building, NOT Mt. Royal. Your line-of-sight is likely blocked by the mountain (plus they're at a low power).

PBS is at a higher power and broadcasts from Lyon Mountain, which is directly south of you, so there's nothing blocking it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the info foxfan, do you know the exact location of the CBC building in Montreal??? I would like to see using google map if it's because of the mountain or because of a low signal. It will help me decide whether I should pursue trying to install a better antenna on the roof. If it's blocked because of the mountain, i'll never get it, if it's low power, I could probably try to get it..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Concorde and Laval street

bobbonet

I'm near Concorde and Laval street, and I get
CBC 20-1
SRC 19-1
WCFE 38-1 38-2
with a Silver Sensor in the attic.
CBC building is at Lat 45,31,5 - Long 73,33,4

·
Registered
29 Posts
No Wonder,

I live right next to Centre Laval...
That is very encouraging that you can catch CBC!!! I think I will have to play around with my positioning... My window faces west so I will try to put my silver sensor outside and point south and see if anything comes up...

I'll let you know tonight!

·
Banned
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm completely on the western edge of the island of Laval, so CBC is out of the question for me, only manages 20% sginal. But I do get PBS clear and blue.

Now I'm just waiting for the US Networks to start broadcasting digital OTA this summer/fall

21 - 40 of 1051 Posts