Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1081 - 1086 of 1086 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi guys,

This is my first post and I hope you will be patient with me.
My postal code is J3Y 0L1, I am located in South-Shore of Montreal (St-Hubert, Quebec).
I currently use an RCA indoor antenna and I'm getting around 12 OTA channels (including few american channels).
I'm planning to install an outdoor antenna inside the attic + signal booster so I can get 20channels or more.
Can you please tell me which antenna and which signal booster is best for my situation?
I was hesitating between these two antennad, based on their reviews:

The elevation will be around 25ft. There are no trees and no big buildings around my house.

This is my TVFool report:

Thank you!
Hi,
I'm just a few km from you and I get 33 channels with a hand made antenna. No amp and my antenna is about 30 feet high. You don't need to spend a lot of many to get the channels. I turned my antenna in the direction of Orford and I was able to get an extra two channels.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it's 30 feet high most probably it's installed outside, on the roof.
What type of antenna do you have ?
It's a 4 bay bowtie antennas . I used PVC tube because of the weather. Yes it is outside. I added a reflector to get ABC after the fire. Before that, i didn't need one. I guess after the new antenna is up and running, I will be in a position to remove it. Let me know if you need more details

·
Registered
23 Posts
Noticed that change yesterday evening.
WFFF is now steady at 100% strength and 100% quality. Impressive.
WVNY is now steady at 94% strength and 70% quality. Still good.
Good work up there.
Standing by for the CBS/NBC update...

note: ant is 32 el. log periodic at 35 ft and kt-200. Location Varennes. TV is Panasonic (old plasma) and HDHomeRun Duo on network.

·
Registered
634 Posts
My reception as follows:

WFFF with an old 4228: 91 %.
WVNY with a Delhi 10y13s: 61%

This is with the signal meter of a TiVo HD.
Location west Beloeil.

Not bad for WVNY channel 7 with a Delhi 10y13s (made for channel 13), there was a naysayer (here in an other thread) that was telling me in 2017 after the repack channel allocation was announced that It will be impossible for me to receive WVNY with my 10y13s after the repack. Impossible...

Don't believe TVFool at 100%, it is just an indication.

Note: I asked the chief engineer of WFFF/WVNY some other questions but he is on vacation.

1081 - 1086 of 1086 Posts