Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a regular recorder but came across this problem just today (wasn't there on the weekend). What happens, when I try to record a HD show (so channel 600 and above) in advance of show time, is that it comes with a message that it cannot record automatically due to schedule changes, and asks you to proceed to record manually so you have to input start and stop time as well as channel.

It doesn't seem to affect SD channels or when recording a HD show in progress. I tried rebooting to no avail (rebooted because nothing was showing on any channels).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had recordings that only recorded the first 9 minutes yesterday. Today's primetime recordings also started like that and when I went to record the shows a later time I got the same message about schedule changes and the shows need to be recorded manually.

Tonight I reset the PVR and the shows that stopped, started recording after the PVR initialized, however, I still need to manually record shows due to schedule changes.

(These are all SD shows)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm having the same problems with having to manually record programs, many of my programs from yesterday and some from today only recorded a few minutes, and some programs have recorded twice (same channel, same time, different recording lengths).

A reset of the system corrected the double scheduling of future recordings, but I still have to set recordings manually.

I've had Optik since February and this is the first time I've had issues with recordings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been on mediaroom for about a year and I am in the middle of a second period of random recording failures-usually 2 or 3 minutes. Manual recording instead of series recording seems to help. Technical support yesterday said that there are many instances of this happening that it is now attributed to software issues on the manufacturer's end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts