Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the new 8642 PVRs come with a 2 year manufacture warranty. Did all PVRs (8300HD) always come with a 2 year warranty or is this new with the 8642s?

Also, who handles the repair, the original store or Rogers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
My 8300 came with a 2 year warranty, plus my credit card provides another year. I bought mine at Rogers, so mine would go back there (after I replaced the original hard drive). You'd have to check with the store where you bought it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was also curious about this. I purchased my pvr from Futureshop recently. Where do I go to make repairs/exchanges???
When you buy a receiver from a 3rd party retailer like best buy, futur shop etc. according to law you have from 14-30 days to return it there. After that period is over you will have to either call Rogers tech support for a replacement terminal or go the the Rogers store with your receipt.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not sure about the standard warranty, as I bought the 4-year one from BB for my 8300HD. When I had a problem with the remote for my 18 month-old 8300HD, BB told me to bring in the remote and STB, which they exchanged for a new 8642. I promptly bought another 4-year warranty.

·
Registered
718 Posts
some interesting points here...

so just to be clear:
1) warranty for PVR (8642) is 2 years , even if bought from 3rd party eg. Future Shop
2) if bought this way bring to any local rogers plus store? Reason I ask is that Future Shop, in this case, makes it sound like you need to ship it (at your cost) to Toronto or something. I know they are trying to upsale there warranty but I just want to make sure its has easy has dropping by your local Rogers store
3) if bought with credit card (with feature) you can extend to 3 years? and if problem occurs during the 3rd year , I assume you need to contact credit card company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts