Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having an issue lately with PVR recordings not able to be played back. Recordings of the Daily Show display an error along the lines of "Network problems have stopped this stream. The program is not currently available for playing." There is a second message below: "Recording playback is unavailable. Make sure this TV receiver and the PVR receiver are connected to the network."

Other times, the show looks as if will play back successfully, but only shows a few seconds of black screen and then playback ends, with the usual options to Start Over, Delete, etc.

Nothing has changed in my configuration, which has worked fine up until now. I am using the Asus RT-N56U in place of the Actiontec supplied by BA, which is why I'm leery of calling them right away since I'm not using an officially supported setup.

So far I've rebooted my STB's and no luck. Internet is working fine, PS3 connecting fine (Netflix fine), and live TV viewing is ok.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kang

·
Super Moderator
16,687 Posts
Mediaroom does a key exchange to validate each recorded program with the headend before it plays it back. There could be an issue with the Asus RT-N56U, since from what I've read here, there have been some changes with Aliant's configuration.

My best advice would be to unplug the power on the Asus RT-N56U, PVR and all STBs. Then plug each one back in and allow it to fully start before going to the next step. Do them in order - Asus RT-N56U, PVR and all the STBs. Then play the programs directly on the PVR.

If that doesn't help, I would try the Actiontec to see if the problem recordings will play.

If all the programs play except the Daily Show, it could be a problem at Aliant's end. I've seen that issue before with other Mediaroom systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts