Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: I just got a PVR from Shaw to use for free for 6 months. I cannot figure out how to program the remote, get to the main menu, or anything else. If I go to the guide and put the red dot on the program I want to tape, when it starts, it takes me there, away from the other show I am watching. I don't want to tape and watch the same thing - defeats the purpose of having the PVR. I sat on "Hold" with Shaw forever, so my next option is to go to Shaw and book an appt for a rep to come out. Any helps so I don't have to do that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Hello MarnieMcGil,

First, welcome to Digital Home Canada. You should have received a narrow black and white instruction manual for the remote. If you didn't receive it, you can download a pdf one from Shaw's website. It has all the instructions you need to program the remote for your tv. Also, the problem with the recording switching while you are watching can be cured by pressing the 'SWAP' key near the bottom of the remote.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Silly question but are you sure you have a PVR? It sounds like you may have a single tuner DCT which is why it would put the channel you want to record (record to a VCR that is) on the front tuner. If it is a small black box it is not a PVR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts