Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how these PVR's connect to the network asside from the basic authroization that the tech programs in and box's mac address etc...I guess until last night I didn't realize that recording a show or programing a show to record required some form or permission from the server..

For about 2 hours last night when I went to record a show, or select to record a show in the future I got green screen saying "Service unavaliable" please try again. I gave up for a bit and then about 2 hours later I was able to set up my west coast feeds to record.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I encountered this for the first time Thursday night. I tried to add a future show while I already had two in progress. Once one of them finished I was able to add future shows.

I assumed the issue was due to having two shows recording. It was the first time I tried it in that situation.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had no shows recording and wanted to record a show currently airing so I could go to Bed. I hit the record button and nothing happened...so I went and attempted a future recording on the westcoast feed and thats where I got the "Service Unaviable" message.

A friend of mine mentioned he had the same problem, gave up and tried again a few hours later and it worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts