Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experiencing these issues? Monday, House and Chuck did not record. Yesterday, the new Criminal Minds show did not record. Not sure what is going on. I have other programs that didnt record as well, just cannot remember. I have rebooted, and still nothing.

I even scheduled House and Chuck twice on Monday, the normal 8pm, and then the timeshifting one, neither recorded.

Some programs are record always, others were one time records. So its not limited to one type of recording set via the guide.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

I have deleted all scheduled recordings from my pvr, and added them again. I noticed one or two recordings that didnt happen, had 3 programs scheduled for the same time. One of the shows does not air at this time of year.

Example.

8p House (Currently on air)
8P Chuck (Currently on air)
8p So you think you can dance (Off season, not airing)

I doubt this is the issue, as it has never been before, but, fingers crossed that was the problem. It explains a few recordings, but I dont think it explains all of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup, I'm seeing similar problems. None of the recordings I had scheduled for this past Monday and early Tuesday took place. (These were both repeating and one-time recordings.)

I deleted and re-entered all my repeating schedules and added a one-time test recording to see if the PVR would process it. It didn't. I then tried rebooting the box and scheduled another test recording. This time it worked and since then my scheduled recordings appear to have worked. How long this will continue to be the case is anyone's guess. :(

BTW, I'm assuming that you have an older SA 8300 HD PVR (like I do) rather than the newer Cisco 8642 HD. Rogers really needs to get a handle on the problems with the latest firmware updates. As it stands, these devices just cannot be trusted.

Tony

·
Registered
25 Posts
We're having the same issues with both a 8300 HD that we've had for years, and a new 8642HD. At the recording time there was only program scheduled to record.

With the 8642, I noticed that a program showed that it was recording in the IPG, but the record light on the PVR wasn't on. A reboot fixed it.

Our 8300HD needs to be rebooted at least once a week. The fast forward and rewind stops working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts