Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any idea what the issue maybe.

Just switched from bell express satellite over xmas and i notice sometimes the pvr will miss a show randomly for no reason (these are all set to first run and rerun).

These shows are typically shows i like such as the fifth estate, dateline, 48 hours, i have set it to first run and rerun, and to record once per day at any time for how frequent it should be recorded.

When i first got optik i noticed it was missing 48 hours and dateline eps occasionally at random, so i redid those timers, now all is fine. Then today i was looking up my upcoming schedule and noticed the fifth estate was not schedule to record friday (I had not noticed an issue with that one before). I double checked and it is on friday..... the timer is set to record first run and rerun at any time once per day....

I deleted the timer and set another one, and it picked it up just fine. I dont get what the problem could be? Does anyone know, its quite frustrating?

Is it possible on all of these i likely had it set up incorrectly from when i first switched to telus, i often went back in and changed things such as first run to first run and rerun and instead of at this time i set it to once per day at any time. Do you have to get the recording right the first time or it might get corrupted? I just dont get it but that is all i can guess?

Those recordings i set when i first got optik all needed to be redone because they would skip certain eps for no rhyme or reason at random as far as i can tell...

·
Registered
60 Posts
FWIW I have recently seen this as well. I have Jekyll & Hyde schedule to record and it was showing no upcoming episodes but doing a search found new episodes. I added them in again with the exact same settings and now it shows 2 upcoming episodes. Most annoying.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am also having problems with scheduled recordings. Over the summer for some reason the PVR deleted all scheduled series - it appeared to delete every series that didn't have any upcoming shows because they were in the summer break. Now with some series in their winter break the PVR has done the exact same thing - I am having to go back in and reprogram these series to record as they come back out of their break. This is an extremely annoying problem and could result in many shows being missed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I called tech support last week after my PVR deleted all my recordings. I was surprised that the scheduled series information are stored at a Telus server somewhere. I did not have to re-schedule my recording after the PVR reset my hard drive.

Called tech support to look in their server to determine what is going on to your schedules stored in their server.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW I have recently seen this as well. I have Jekyll & Hyde schedule to record and it was showing no upcoming episodes but doing a search found new episodes. I added them in again with the exact same settings and now it shows 2 upcoming episodes. Most annoying.
This is more of what i am discussing, recordings are not being deleted, but it is missing recordings.

I have the americans set to first run and rerun, it has been recording fine, then this week it decided to skip the new episode and record it next week.

Does anyone have any idea why it may do this? It had not done this since i first posted months ago, but now it has decided to do it again. I did not have any other items being recorded at that time. And I believe only 2 tv's were in use...

I dont get it. Why would it suddenly not record the first run of the episode this week and record the rerun of it this next week?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just noticed this happened to me for better call Saul. This week it didn't record the new episode but it has it scheduled to record next week right before another new episode. Pretty annoying.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I may be wrong but I'm sure there's a reason for that. We need to find it. Am I right to beleive that those recordings from seperate schedule won't be group together in the recording list, even if they have the same title. If yes, grouping is done on something else. Shows, series and/or episods might have ids. Those schedules might use those ids. If for any reason your friday show had another id compare to the other days, that could explain the issue. I remember when I used to be on BEV, grouping was done on names. It was also possible for me to rename shows which was so helpfull for grouping. Everybody would enjoy if developpers had take a few moment in front of a 9242 receiver to bring their devices at the same level.

Let's dream, in the meantime...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I may be wrong but I'm sure there's a reason for that. We need to find it. Am I right to beleive that those recordings from seperate schedule won't be group together in the recording list, even if they have the same title. If yes, grouping is done on something else. Shows, series and/or episods might have ids. Those schedules might use those ids. If for any reason your friday show had another id compare to the other days, that could explain the issue. I remember when I used to be on BEV, grouping was done on names. It was also possible for me to rename shows which was so helpfull for grouping. Everybody would enjoy if developpers had take a few moment in front of a 9242 receiver to bring their devices at the same level.

Let's dream, in the meantime...
Yes you are correct. The new better call Saul episode that I had to manual set up to record ended up being a standalone recording. All my other new episodes are in one folder.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Viperdiablo,
I called my provider about that situation. Their rep told me I was not the first one to complain about that. I think we should all report it, so they realize how annoying, it can be. I beleive Motorola is the partner that should go back to their drawing table to rethink the receiver it self. As mentonned in a previous post, they should take exemple on the best PVR ever, the 9242. Otherwise, Bell,Telus and others could decide not to continue using it. To be honnest, I wouldn't mind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this issue too. It seems to be mostly Global shows but I have had it happen on other networks too. I make a habit of going through my scheduled recordings every few days to make sure it is picking up what it's supposed to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have this problem and it seems to be only on shows that start at "weird" times like "7:01" or "7:28". A work-around for SOME shows is if they are broadcast on another station at normal start times such as "7:00" or "7:30".

Check to see if your shows that are being skipped/missed start at odd times.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Year later and it missed a "THE Americans" recording again.

Like last year it wants to record it next week, even though i have the timer set to first run and it typically always records the first run each week like it should.

But like last year, one episode it wants to record the episode as first run the following week when its simply a rerun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts