Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a whole bunch of Sesame Street episodes on my PVR. I would love to purchase them, but can't find them anywhere.

I want to put them on my ipad for my Daughter to watch.

Has anyone been able to do this? if so please point me in the correct direction.

Thanks

SA 8300pvr

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
The recordings on the SA8300 are encrypted so it's not a simple matter of just copying them. I can think of two options:

1) Get a DVD-recorder (DVR) and copy the shows onto a DVD using the SA8300's copy functionality.

2) Get a TV capture/recorder card for your PC, hook up your PVR to the PC, and play/record the shows onto the hard drive.

Both options will require you to convert the recorded file to iPad's native video format. Note I have kept the directions at a high level as I'm not sure if you want to go through all this.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
You'll need to capture the video using the "Copy to VCR" function. Once captured, you'll need to convert to .mp4 for the iPad.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys,

Thinking I may get the Happauge hdpvr, it has component in and will record to your PC.

Reading in to it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I use the Hauppauge HDPVR. It works very well. But it is only necessary if you want to retain HD content. For standard def the DVD recorder will work just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts