Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was going crazy but I had my wife watch as I setup a recording last night for a movie on TMNHD. However, the recording does not exist today. I've even had Penn and Teller's Bull&$%# setup since season 8 started and it has not recorded once.

A few days ago, I set up Penn and Teller AGAIN with the settings "On this channel at any time" so as not to miss anything. Not one episode has recorded even though it has aired multiple times.

I've noticed this has been happening ever since the online recording system came out.

Is it possible that the remote recording system is somehow overriding my recordings and forcing the PVR to skip them?

·
Super Moderator
56,559 Posts
We have noted in the past on Rogers that there can often be an issue with "all episode" recordings. Try one episode recordings until the issue is resolved and do a cold reboot of the PVR.

After the cold reboot (unplug/replug) experiment with some all episode recordings on something you don't care about and that's on today...

·
Banned
296 Posts
Impressive, everytime someone posts a message on any board complaining about missing shows on their PVR, they leave out an important information: What is your SAVE TIME ?

Press LIST, press A for Scheduled Recordings, select your show and press Select. You see 4 fields: Start, Stop, Record, and Save Latest.
For RECORD: "All episodes", SAVE LATEST should be "All Episodes"
For RECORD: "One episode", SAVE TIME should be "Until I Erase".

Go back to the main LIST, press B for Preferences, then go one line down: "Change Save Time for future recordings": should be "Until I Erase". Go up 2 lines you should see "Turn On Auto Erase", and the top left screen should read "Auto Erase is OFF", otherwise, press Select.

Go back to the Recorded List, and go down the list one by one, your top left screen should read "Save: Until I Erase" or "Save: All Episodes" for almost everything.

After you verified that and you still have problems, come back with more details, like...
If the show hasn't aired, press Guide, go to the day and time it's supposed to air. Is the box in RED?
At the moment the program is ON and the PVR is supposed to be recording, do you see the red "Record" on the display?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This problem was more of a red herring. I realized that channel 711 was the one dropping recordings. When one of the shows I setup was on, I went to 711 to watch and see that it was recording. However, it was a black screen.

Looks like 711 (MHD) stopped working for me and I didn't notice until a bunch of recordings were dropped. Videotron tried resending my profile and other stuff but with no success.

They have to send a guy over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts