Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else seeing purple artifacting on channels 643(HISHD) & 669(AMCHD) ?

It's only these two channels it seems, the other HD channels seem fine. I know it's not my tv as I can rewind whatever I'm watching and pause it on each frame were it happens therefor it is in the signal.

HISHD(643):

See the purple artifacts on the left? This is what I'm seeing on all programming on both channels and only these two channels.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yes I also see those artifacts, i been seeing those for days now on those 2 channels.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to watching Gladiator on HISHD and that purple artifacting on the left and right side of the screen is making it unwatchable. It really is bad. I can't believe nobody else except jimbo42 and me are seeing this.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Here is what I am seeing, this was from Gladiator yesterday on HISHD:

It's on the right and left sides of whatever I am watching on HISHD & AMCHD, like newone said it is only on these channels, the other HD channels are fine. I checked snr strength in my DVR's diagnostics for both channels and it's fine and there are no uncorrectable errors either. I can't believe it's only me, newone and eastcoastgal that sees this. I also notice those two channels are on the same frequency of 747mhz. The artifacts only appear when there is any sort of motion, when pic is static it's fine.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I am getting a little bit of artifacts on mine, watching a show about Tank Battles, but it doesn't seem as bad as in the pics that have been posted prior.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Channels are back to normal now, no purple artifacts at all anymore. It was getting pretty bad though so I am glad they did something to fix this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts