Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=SUPERNOVA&navAction=jump&navCount=4

Anyone listen to these before? I'm looking at buying a 5.1 system for around $1500 (including reciever/sub). I've heard the system setup at TheBrick w/o the rears setup properly and it sounds pretty decent. It's going for just under $1000. Would this be a good buy? Is there something else out there you'd recommend? What reciever would you recommend?

Any suggestions on 5.1 systems that would put me around $1500 if you haven't heard Pure Acoustics before would be greatly appreciated! I'm hoping to have my 2 front speakers floor standing towers because I want to listen to music with the system (not just for movies).

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
I'd avoid it. The website is amusing: No specs are listed; instead, an e-mail window opens up so that you can e-mail the company for specs.

Stick to name brands (Paradigm, Polk, Energy, etc.), shop Internet-direct (SVS, Axiom, etc.) or buy used (canuckaudiomart.com, yourcity.kijiji(.ca)).

(Example: On canuckaudiomart, there's a guy in Hamilton selling Paradigm Monitor 7 v3s, a CC-370 v3 and a pair of ADP-370 v3s for the same price as those "Supernovas". I'd look at those before you look at anything else.)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Using Kijiji, I bought a pair of Paradigm monitor 9 v5, DSP 3400, CC290v5 adp 190v5 and four titans v3 for under $1500. Better deals are out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts