Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts
Discussion starter · #67 · (Edited)
Downloaded mine too.

@Carlos J - You get what you pay for. ;)

Anybody else sick of getting the PSN emails with free movies (Godzilla 2000) and tv episodes (Vampire Knight Season 1 Episode 1) that are free, but not in the Canadian catalog? :rolleyes:

Cheers

If this is a demo of the product offered, you'd think they would have shown us how good the HD downloads can look.
I know this is a free offer and all....but jeez.

Movie and TV downloads from the Sony Store?

Just found this feature yesterday. I found the download speed to be very slow. My ISP does tend to slow down during the day however I found it slower then a torrent download. Have others had any issues with the DL speed? Is it a time of day issue? Thanks.

Well the last movie I watch (Girl with the dragon tatoo) was over 7GB. I would think it would take some time to buffer something that big? I check for new movies weekly and if I see something I want I start it up and walk away.

I checked my router the few times I used the service and the files are hosted by Akamai. On Bell Internet I easily saturate my available download (7M)... For HD movies this means I usually have to wait 30-45 minutes before I can start playing them. Check if your ISP has decent connectivity to Akamai.

Rented a movie this week, and was pleasantly surprised. I wanted to see Get Him to the Greek, but all blu-ray copies were rented at the local video store.

I downloaded it in about an hour (I have 25 mbps down).

Picture was great. Sound was only stereo. It cost me $6.75, which is about what I'd pay for a new release.

Not thrilled about the stereo, but c'est la vie.

Just rented Iron Man 2 (HD) from the Playstation store - 1st time I've done this. A whopping 7GBs for this movie. I'll have to rethink my data caps with Bell if I intend to rent movies this way!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.