Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/04/upcoming-change-to-playstation-3-and-psp-game-content-on-playstation-network/

For game content purchased after November 18, 2011, a new policy will apply and the number of devices that can be activated will be as follows:

* PS3: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PS3 systems.

* PSP: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PSP systems.
I wonder if this only effects EU, or is this change global?

·
Registered
274 Posts
The same post was made at the North American site as well.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/04/upcoming-change-to-playstation-3-and-psp-game-content-on-playstation-network/

It is a forward only change, and unless you have more than 2 Playstations and/or 2 PSPs, this should not affect most people. If your PS3/PSP breaks, you can log onto their website (coming soon) and remove the activation for it, making sure that you will always be able to have your PSN content on up to 2 each PS3/PSPs. For purposes of your own systems breaking down and people being able to download their purchased content onto other peoples systems for free, this is better than the old 5 system limit. For purposes of yourself owning 3-5 systems, this will be worse than the old limit.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am in group 2 -- I have 4 ps3's.

2 in the Game room, one in teh family room one in the bedroom.

We mostly use the bedroom and family room for Netflix/other media, but it was great when we had friends over to play multiplayer games -- this sucks for me.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I was thinking about getting a 3rd PS3, but now I won't because of the reduction in authorized machines. Damn those people that were abusing the system with game sharing.

·
Registered
274 Posts
@bdoyledimou

You are supposed to be able to freely deactivate/activate from within your systems at will; so for those times you have friends coming over, you should be able to deactivate one of your game room systems and activate the family room system. Then when your guests leave, you could deactivate the family room system and reactivate the game room one. It's not the easiest way, but with the new limit, it's the best.

@Gord

I don't know if the above would help you or if you would be using all 3 simultaneously. Either way, the holiday bundles this year are awesome. I would totally have picked up the Uncharted 3 320GB bundle with Assassin's Creed: Revelations for $300 that was on sale a couple weeks ago. Right now I can only find it with Metal Gear Solid 4 added on but there should be some good combos coming up as we get closer to Christmas.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I already have 2, have considered a 3rd, I can see many people/familys having multiple ps3's simply cause its a blu-ray player, considering how cheap it is,

I know if I had kids I'd probably have at least 3 or 4 ps3's,

bad move by sony I think, but I can see the free content thing, I know a bunch of people who do that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts