Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Finally made the jump to HD and got a new LG LCD and a PS3 slim. I picked up a 6ft Belkin HDMI cable from a local shop. Unfortunately, I am now in the poor house, so a home theatre audio system is atleast 6 months away, so I have to deal with the audio through the TV. I figured this should not be a problem, as I played some PS3 on my old CRT for a couple days before my LCD was delivered and the sound quality was atleast bareable, and I figured the LCD would alteast be pretty close to on par with 8 year old CRT.

So the LCD came and I hooked up the PS3 through my HDMI cable and had no problems. Did the video and audio setup and video and sound worked fine. Then I started to play a game (Guitar Hero World Tour, the only game I have right now).

This is where the problem begins. The volume of the game fluctuates huge. I've been trying to corrolate it to something happening in the songs and it seems like it may quiet down quite a bit if there is a lot of bass but I'm not totally sure. The problem happens all through the songs and it is extremely annoying. I don't know what is causing the problem or exactly how to troubleshoot the problem. All I know is this is not how these songs are supposed to sound and it is making the game almost unplayable.

I should mention that I have an HD cable box hooked up via component and rca audio on another input and I have no audio issues there. I've messed a little bit with the sound settings on the PS3 but currently I only have the two mandatory (PCM 2ch 44.1khz and PCM 2ch 48khz selected); I figure my TV likely can't handle anything, but I can't find any specifics in the manual.

If anyone has any ideas on what the problem is or what I can do to try to find out what it is, that would great!

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
145 Posts
Does you TV have any sound leveling technology. Like when a show goes to commercial it's usually much loader. Some TVs have some technology to adjust volume automatically.

This doesn't always work as advertised...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts