Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
But how many of these PS3s were bought for gaming? Most people I know getting PS3s are still getting it because of BD playback, not so much for gaming, but that will change this holiday season since they have some good AAA titles like LBP and Resistance 2. I'm actually considering picking up R2, but Gears 2 will probably take more of my time I'm sure.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Good point...I'm used to calendar quarters in my company, but some companies go April-March. Not sure what the right answer is for console sales.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Thread title losses a lot of its meaning when the article starts out with:
A comparison of Sony's corporate unit sales data and comments made by an investor relations spokesperson for Microsoft suggest that PlayStation 3 outsold Xbox 360 worldwide for the three months ending 30th September.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where does the sales information usually come from? Wouldn't the companies reporting the sales of their consoles to their shareholders be the most reliable method to track the sales data? It's a lot more reliable than these companies that track sales based on information obtained from a few retailers...

Gord

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I was going to point out exactly what james99 did, but Gord used to think I was a nice guy until I came out on the side of HD DVD and since that kinda hurt me a bit (who takes this stuff personally?!), I thought I'd take a pass.

But...since it's been brought up, where did this person get the "comments" from? Was it heard first-party, 2nd party, or was it a comment posted somewhere else about some comment someone heard that was attributed to an "investor relations person"? And was this a MICROSOFT investor relations person? What was the comment, exactly? Why is there no name given for this person? No date for the comments?

PS3 could double the sales of the 360 for all I care. Heck, if I was going to buy a console for myself tomorrow, it would be a PS3. But let's try to stick to verifiable facts!

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Where does the sales information usually come from?
The statement seems very wishy washy, don't you think?

If all the data was coming from the same source and that source was similar to NPD then sure I'll accept it but it seems to be piecemealed togeather.

I'm not saying the data is wrong, it's just not from a source(s) that I can trully trust as official.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been following the NPD sales (the top ten titles) and the 360 usually beats the PS3 by far .... of course these are only US figures but I have a really hard time trusting these so called Worldwide figures ... well if it is true than the PS3 is really catching up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts