Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having this issue now and called tech support, which was a waste of time. Because there is nothing wrong with my internet and my modem.

My speedtests are what i am getting.

But for the last couple days my Nhl 11 online games have been disconnecting a lot.

I think it has to do with the throttling that is going on.

but it really is pissing me off because it affects my DNF%

Tried playing some other online games and it is also disconnecting.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
If you are using a router, put the PS3 in the DMZ. Assign your PS3 a static IP, and put that in the router. Google the ports that need to be open on your router for specific games.

All of this will help/solve your issues. Throttling shouldn't be a problem. Online gaming does not use large amounts of bandwidth.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been there done that.

this is only a recent problem last couple months since other people been noticing the throttling.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i started playing COD:BO (PS3) this week, and I noticed it was dropping and lagging quite a bit.. so i popped in L4D:2 (360) which i hadn't played in a while and the same thing..

I noted that the wife and daughter were watching a netflix movie, and asked them if they were stalling, but no....

so i waited till they were done their movie, and same thing on both games.

It has to be on the Rogers side, as we are talking two different systems connecting to two different servers and having the same issue.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a guess, but I beleive it has to do with the speedbursting that is going around.

I am getting a faster speed now? but it only happens at the start of my download

1 - 5 of 5 Posts