Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... anyone tried this yet? Does not look like much except for an annual fee for discounts. Might be great for people who buy from PSN a lot.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
There's a free video editor that they have added as well. Only outputs @ 480p, but still a cool feature.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah, I hope Sony includes a full rez option in the future. Works very well for what it does though. Quite simple, but all you need for home video.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm definitely getting Playstation+. You'll be able to access 1 hour trials of the full PS3 game (which means they're going to have full games up there soon), discounts on other things in the store, free games to download each month, downloads of Qore, and more. I think it's a great value, I just hope the game-save synch comes sometime in the future.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
from Sony site
We’ve gone ahead and provided a few highlights from PS3 firmware update (v3.40) below:
PlayStation Plus: PlayStation Network users will be able to purchase membership to PlayStation Plus; a new subscription service on the PlayStation Network that provides you with new options to expand and enhance your gaming experience and enable you to gain an exclusive set of features and content. Friendly reminder, all of you PlayStation Network users will continue to have free access to PlayStation Network’s unmatched and expanding suite of new and exclusive features while PlayStation Plus subscribers will gain access to an exclusive and expanding set of gaming features, content and functionality.

Photo Gallery: A new network based photo sharing feature is now available on the Photo Gallery. The enhancement allows you to upload, browse and comment on photos on Facebook and Picasa Web Album. You can also opt to share your photos between your PlayStation Network friends as well as print photos from Photo Gallery.

Video Editor & Uploader: Video Editor and Uploader is a new function found on the XrossMediaBar (XMB), which enables you to edit, save and upload video files stored on the PS3 system to sites such as Facebook or YouTube.

Five Star Rating Support: Users can rate the PlayStation Store content they have purchased with one to five star ratings.

Power Save Settings: The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system.

In addition to the latest features introduced in PS3 system software update (v3.40), a separate, new PlayStation Network application on Facebook.com will be made available. This builds upon what was previously launched with Trophies and the ability to publish purchases from the PlayStation Store.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just installed it and I did not brick my system.

A quick look at the PS Plus discounts and they are not bad, it will be interesting to see if we see discounts with the Video Store which is supposed to start in two days.

You cannot edit videos that were copied to your system when your system software was older than 3.40.

I like the fact that downloadable stuff will now be rated.

Cheers

·
Registered
773 Posts
Power Save Settings: The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system.

Now this I like. Can't tell you how many times the kids have left it on all night.

·
Registered
982 Posts
+1 for liking the auto off feature. If they could make the PS3 resume movies properly I'd be in heaven.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The PS3 has had an auto-off for some time now. I have had mine set to power off after 2 hours for....longer than I can remember actually.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
No news on the Canadian Video Store? I thought it might have been in this update... (Sorry not home can't check myself)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts