Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today Shaw was on campus at my girlfriend's school and she signed up for cable and internet services for 8 months at the student rates. Before she signed up, I made sure that she bargained for the latest motorola PVR. The rep told her that he would sell her the newest motorola PVR model for $200. So after finalizing everything she went home to wait for the installer that afternoon.

The installer arrived and installed everything fine, but brought a used DCT 3416 without a box. At the time she still didn't realize that it was an older model PVR, so she let the installer finish up. So $200 for a 3416 is hardly a deal, nor hardly new in any sense; it's not even brand new in box plus it's not the newest model. They don't even have motorola PVR's on the shaw website currently!

We just want to resolve the PVR issue, not cancel...plus we are frustrated at the rep's dishonesty.

At what kind of promotional prices have you guys gotten the DCX3400 for in either a retention or new account scenario?

thanks in advance...and a tip for any students looking to sign up on campus: get everything detailed in writing!

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
It would help to know where you are located as Shaw has different deals in different markets. The current 'best price' (AFAIK) on a DCX3400 is $198 but that is if you are subscribing to NFL ST. Check out the threads on both of those topics for more info.

A good rule of thumb when dealing with this sort of deal is 'get it in writing' and then you are covered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm located in Calgary just like you...
Going to try to return the 3416 tomorrow...just bought a 3400 tonight from visions for $340 (their cost)

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
If you have the rep's name, Shaw should honour the offer that was made to you and swap the used 3416 for a new 3400. If you are polite and patient you just might be successful with your effort to get what you were supposedly promised.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Obviously you're best bet is to talk to Shaw directly. I'm not sure why you post a question like this on the forum without even trying to resolve the issue with Shaw first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts