Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to successfully program other device's power button on the Atlas Universal Remote? I've programmed my Digital Media player, my Speaker's Remote and my Audio Switcher to the DVD, AUD and AUX banks and everything works but I cannot seem to be able to program the power buttons for them. I want to be able to turn the on and off by pressing the power button on the Atlas remote but it seems I cannot program it for any of the devices.

Anyone have any luck?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I tried to use the learning function to reprogram the power button without any success. You can program an used key as the power key to learn the power code of your device. I know it is not perfect. But get the job done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have only had 1 problem with programming the Atlas remote power button for an LCD TV which no one seems to know the codes for (no other functions worked either). Otherwise it has worked for other TVs, AV receivers, DVD players, and VCRs. I set up a friend's as well for the same type (but not make) of devices and they are fine too.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
SndChsr:

Are you programming the remote using the codes or codes search or are you 'custom' programming the keys? If you are using the codes, the power button should automatically work as that is how you determine if you have the correct code. Also, as noted near the top of page 13 of the Atlas User Guide, "Learning capacity is approximately 16 -25 keys, depending on the code being learned." You might be at your limit if you have programmed the keys individually.

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
I've programmed (using the learning function) the red record button to function as the on / off button for my DVD and AUX devices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts