Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to program my 6100 to work with a LG VCR/DVD player. I understand that LG has the same codes as Zenith. I have programmed the remote with code 747 to operate the VCR, but when run through the setup to program the VCR to turn on automatically from the Program Guide, I receive the message that Code 747 is not in the database. Well, the User manual states, in fact, that 747 is a valid code for Zenith VCR's. Any help would be great.

·
Super Moderator
56,633 Posts
Since this is a combo device it may not work as the code would likely be different from a stand-alone VCR. Most STBs cannot control DVD recorders for example. You may need to set a timer on both devices. Here's an FAQ on the connections required and other hints.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76077

I realize this is SAT, but the connections work with minor changes outlined in the FAQ for SAT (no splitter for example.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To clear up the misconception in my earlier post, the code, 747, that I ask the Bev 6100 to accept, was rejected by the 6100, not by the VCR/DVD.

You can try it yourself. Try plugging in the code "747" into your Bev receiver, by tapping Menu, System Setup, Installation, VCR Setup (6,1,7). Plug in the digits 7,4,7 and tap "Test". Your Bev should accept the code. But my Bev tells me that Code 747 is not in the database (even though the Bev manual says it is)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your response. I realize that it is a combo unit. However, I can control the VCR with the Bev remote, after programming the remote, so Bev understands how to operate the VCR.

·
Super Moderator
56,633 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. So the remote works, but the STB doesn't accept the code. Perhaps the remote is newer than the STB and the remote "knows" the code, while the STB doesn't. You may wish to contact BTV to see what they have to say.

Is the BTV STB then supposed to send some sort of signal to the VCR? Via say an "IR mouse" or something like that?

Perhaps someone with a 6100 can test their unit to see if theirs accepts the code. (I'm on Rogers).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts