Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently set up a home theater system which includes a Pioneer VSX-1025-K receiver and a Shaw Direct PDPVR. I wanted to be able to control the Shaw PVR withthe Pioneer remote but can't seem to find a device code to use. I was hoping not have to buy a new remote to do this so would appreciate if someone has conquered this problem..thanks

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
Most times people programme the Shaw Direct remote to control basic functionality of the AVR since the AVR remotes often don't do the opposite well, if at all. (Turn AVR on/off, volume).

You should be able to programme the SD remote for "master power" to turn on the TV, Shaw STB, AVR with one button press and to do "global volume lock" so that it controls the volume of the AVR always.

This is covered in the operating manual for the Shaw Direct remote. If you set up master power, programme the AVR to come on first since Pioneers can cause issues if you don't. Of course if you wish full functionality and ease of use, a programmable remote like a Harmony would be your best choice.

Here's a post useful for those new to the forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

1 - 2 of 2 Posts