Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Yes it should be free... If you sold the quipement to the client with an older card as soon as he would activate it system will send him a new card. As an agent I have troubles with the word automatically...if he calls in an explain the situation we will call TECH3 and they will ship him a new one for free. The fee is only in case that smartcard is damaged or if he bought the receiver and the card was missing

·
Banned
3,190 Posts
That's precisely what I was led to believe as well, but as we've seen there could be as many different stories as their are agents and that's part of the problem.
Bell is not unique in that situation.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Dates?

Hmmm my cancelation takes place April 29th. Can I sell my receiver before that date?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Sell, yes... Activate on a new account, no...

Your cancellation will be an open order. When we have an open order we can not remove an a/o, the code that gives the fed to the second receiver, third and fourth. If it's the only receiver since the account is still active we can not remove the receiver.

Make sure you call us to let us know you sold the receivers, if you didn't do so when you cancelled, otherwise we won't be able to activate it for the person

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hostage

Grrr why do they leave the customer hostage? They can certainly turn on your service quick enough. :mad:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Receiver?

Hmmm I had my receiver for sale. Someone has responded and wants to purchase it. Apparently he has called BEV to ask bout reactivating the receiver before my 30 days is up. And he claims they told him they would activate the receiver before my de-activating date?

Can this be done?

Follow up: I didn't realize but this can be done after talking to BEV. I just need to let BEV know that I sold the receiver. Of course I still have to pay for the rest of the cancelation period which is at 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
If you have more than one receiver on the account you'll be cancelling yes it can be done, but most agents won't do it... The agent would have to close the open work order for the cancellation, remove the a/o (code to have the feed on the second receiver), then re-do the work order. In most call centers they advise us not to do it, but you might run into a neewbie who will do it for you. If you have only one receiver then it's impossible to transfer the receiver since you account is still active for that period and to have an active account we need a receiver on the account. system won't let an active service with no receivers...

You have to call in to say you gave (or sold) the receiver for us to be able to activate it, otherwise the client will never be able to activate it. We will then put a note on your account and when the client calls to activate it we will then remove it from your account and also put a note that we did so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Agent Express V. I see you are a Bell customer agent. I am new here and glad I found this place.

I live in BC and install satellite for a living. Last year I moved to an area that is strictly a SC area. All dealers have dropped Bell as they are famous for Screwing the dealers and installers out of money. Please don't try and deny this, it is a fact and can be proven. I work for Reztel and have always been paid on time, so I have no issues.

My problem relates to your CSR's and how they are trained. Since moving here, I discovered that there is not a single installer in town that wants to deal with a Bell customer (because of above issues) so they send them to me. I give the customer the choice of paying me cash for the work or I will Flip them into SC and give them 25 bucks for there old rec. Many will usually switch which is fine by me as SC pays better and always on time :)

Now comes the problem. I have called your customer lines many times to find out if the receivers I have are Free and clear for re-sale. At times your customer may have a bad rec and I could sell them a used one and keep them happy since Bell will not ship a replacement to them and the Closest Bell Store is 4 hours away from us. So I have called to see if the serial numbers are clear for re-sale. Now I have been told that your CSR can be fired if they tell me that information because of privacy issues and directive from high up etc. Logic and common sense do not seem to come in play here. I am not asking for anything but a simple answer. "Can I resell these receivers???"
I asked one CSR, So you won't tell me if these are clear so I can sell them to a customer of yours, you would prefer I sell them on Ebay so a Pirate may buy it instead?? I was told, I can do what I have to do to get rid of them.
I said that would only encourage privacy, I want to put these back into your system so they are legit. Sorry, I need my job, is there anything else I can help you with?? Hmmm!! Help...Not.

I have offered them my Name, Co name, phone etc, I have even told them if any of them happened to be stolen I would gladly be happy to return them to the rightful owner etc. Nothing would sway your CSR's to check serial numbers for me.
I must say they are well trained, but what do you suggest I do with this pile of receivers in my basement??
Ebay or maybe the local CBC maybe interested in a story???

Thank you for your time and response.

Frustrated in BC.
Arby

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
That is the problem
Their company policy ENCOURAGES people to sell their boxes to pirates
It is darn near impossible to sell your receiver, and have the buyer activate it LEGALLY
Unfortunately, you are better of selling it to the pirates (you'll probably get more for it anyways) and will save the headache of sitting on hold, while your call is escalated, and dropped, until someone tells you they cant do anything for you.....
This is one of the dinosaur policies that help the pirates get so many cards/boxes working to STEAL Bells product
If you are reading this Bell Big Wigs, take your head out of your, i mean the sand, and wake up, smell the coffee
As far as screwing the dealers, I know someone who shares your experiences
He had Bell "claw back" THOUSANDS of $$$ from his installers that installed upgrade kits, as requested on the workorder, after Bell decided that the customer didnt qualify for the upgrades
BTW, this was done a YEAR after the install was done
Sell the boxes on Fleabay, or craigslist, and you will most likely get more than you will from legit subscribers....

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
If the receivers do not belong to you (as I understabd the situation is) and you don't have the PIN for the client we are unable to provide ANY information on the receivers. Agent you spoke to did his job right! I appologise the answer doesn't satisfy you...but policies are what they are!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where do you get the idea they do not belong to me??? If you read above, as I said I paid the people for there boxes most of the time or they just give them to me because they are just happy to get rid of them. The majority of the time the customer does get it out of his name for me, But I can not hang around his house to listen and make sure when he finally gets thru to Bell to clear the title.

That is typical Bell double speak. Where do you see any harm by telling me if the unit is clear to re-sell??????? If I was a Bell customer with an active account, they would tell me right away! But I am not, just a lowly installer trying to do the right thing and put these units back in service, but your POLICY (stinks) lacks a whole lot of common sense.
So why can a Bell customer find out or a Bell dealer and I can't? :confused:

I really don't want to put them on Ebay I hate TV, just because I am in the business and make my living installing etc. So I think I will contact CBC (they cover my town) then maybe the CRTC too and if they don't care as Bell does not seem to care where their use equipment goes.... Then I may as well sell to the highest bidder.

cheers

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
It is normal I belive that a compagny would not give you an information if it'snot about YOUR personnal account. Other cable and satellite providers will do the same... The only way that you can avoid that is by making sure the person did call so that we put a note on the account and are able to activatethe receivers if you sale them.

If I unsderstood exactly what you are doing (going to do a Bell install, then buying receivers and install Star Choice) you are the one trying to screw the compagny up, why would we feel bad that we are just doing our job?

You say Bell have poor quality of training, but according to what your say all the times you called about that issue you got the same answer. I would therefore say that Bell training is good (at least on that point) since all agents understood what they are allowed to say and what they are not

Nothing stops you from sellling the receivers on e-bay if you want...the only problem is if client wants to use it legally and at the end there is notes on the account, then they can't activate it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
For i have tv:It is very easy to sell and old receiver and have the person activate it... You call BEV you tell them you are selling receiver R0012345678, to put a note that you autorise the transfer whenever new owner calls. That person hooks up the receiver at home and calls us. If they create a new account with that receiver they get charge a 35$ transfer charge. If they have an existing account we take the receiver number, do a search to find the customer's account. If there is a note on the account, as in this situation it should, e click on the receiver's number, then on remove. We do the same for the smartcard. We update. Put those numbers on the new clients account, update and client is set. Whithin the next 15minutes to 2 hours he'll get the programming going. Don't know what is complicated there or what is nearly impossible to achieve...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I see you are from Montreal, so that does explain a lot. :rolleyes:

If you call SC and ask them to check a serial number to see if you can activate it they will tell you straight up whether you can or if it has money owing on it or if it is still in someones name. You fail to see that there is no personal information being given or talked about here and does not reflect on the Privacy act! If I call Bell as an existing customer they will tell me, but if I am not already an existing customer they will not tell me. Double standard.

And again you DO NOT understand, NOBODY does Bell installs around here anymore. They used to until they got screwed by Bell and will not even think about serving what they sold. Hence a lot of pissed off customers. I do service work for your customers only (CASH) and they apply for a credit from Bell for my Bill.
I do try and be neutral, I want a happy customer no matter what provider they are on......But
If your customer is really pissed about no service and spending hours on the phone with you only to be told to find someone that may come and fix it but they need to pay the installer etc.... Then I will suggest a BETTER Co. and offer to switch them out so they don't have to worry about no TV.

It is obvious that your CSR's are trained very well. To bad they do not have any common sense when it comes to dealing with customers. I guess thats why SC is Number 1 two years in a row and Bell is way down the list for the best call centres, Eh?? :)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Maybe you should revise your info...Bell's call center in montreal were voted best customer services center for 2006

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Haystack , Maybe they have a different level of service in Montreal??

Maybe Mr. Agent should do some research and not listen to the propaganda from Head Office!

NEWS RELEASE
STAR CHOICE RECEIVES AWARD FOR
HIGHEST CUSTOMER SATISFACTION RATING
Calgary, Alberta and Vernon, British Columbia – October 31, 2005 ---- Star Choice
Communications Inc., a division of Shaw Communications Inc. (Symbol: TSX:SJR.NV.B,
NYSE:SJR), announced today that they have received the SQM Group Inc. 2005 award for the
Highest Customer Satisfaction Rating within the Telecommunications and TV industry.
SQM Group awards excellence in customer and employee satisfaction for the contact centre
industry. SQM benchmarked over 250 North American contact centres for the period ranging
from October 1, 2004 to September 30, 2005. In each contact centre, SQM surveyed
approximately 400 customers within 1 to 3 days of their call to the contact centre to better
understand their satisfaction with their service experience. In addition, for each contact centre that
participated in the benchmarking study, SQM surveyed up to 300 employees to understand the
overall level of employee satisfaction. As a result of these surveys, SQM recognizes Star Choice
Communications as a Service Quality Award of Excellence Winner for having the highest
Customer and Employee satisfaction within the Telecommunications/TV industry for 2005.
“We are ecstatic to have the SQM Group validate the positive feedback that we continually hear
from our customers”, said Jim Cummins, Vice President, National Operations for Star Choice
Communications Inc., “This award serves as a benchmark, allowing us to strive for new
opportunities to continue working towards improving the overall customer experience.”
“It was thrilling to have Star Choice participate in this year’s study”, said Mike Desmarais,
President, SQM Group Inc. “Star Choice’s success and continued dedication has raised the bar in
improving the overall customer service experience within the Telecommunication and TV
industry.”
Star Choice will continue to work with the SQM Group to measure its competencies, challenge its
processes, and search for best of breed solutions that positively impact the customer experience.
For the latest information on Star Choice Communications, or to find out additional information
about Star Choice’s products and services, visit starchoice.com or contact a customer service
representative at 1 888 554-STAR.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2006 Call Center Industry Award Winner

Highest Customer Satisfaction by Industry - Telecommunications/TV

Star Choice

Please call Sarah Kennedy or Steve
Hankinson for more information about
SQM's Call Center Awards for Excellence.

Head Office
(800) 446 2095
www.sqmgroup.com

SQM Call Center Awards Program

October 30, 2006

SQM awards excellence in customer and employee satisfaction for the call center industry. SQM benchmarked over 260 call centers for the period of October 1, 2005 - October 27, 2006. In each call center, SQM surveyed 200 - 400 customers within 1-3 days of their call to the call center to understand their satisfaction with their service experience. In addition, for each call center that participated in the employee benchmarking study, SQM surveyed 50 - 300 employees who work in their call center to understand their satisfaction working in their call center. Based on the call centers benchmarked, SQM recognizes the following Service Quality Award of Excellence Winners for 2006.

101 - 120 of 669 Posts