Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues with some cogeco channels only showing up as:

One moment please, channel should be available shortly?

I'm getting that on the following:

752 MTMHD
753 HISHD
754. TLCHD
756. APTND
757. SCHD
758. NGCHD
759. BOLD
765. CBCND
Actually most of my HD and their corresponding SD brethren

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed...

The tech came out on Sunday and spent an hour or so doing various things. Problems turned out to be some deteriorating cables/wiring on the pole and bad splitter in the buildings basement. Also turns out there was an "unauthorized" connection on the main panel as well so that was affecting things. Am now getting all channels I should be and PQ an sound are better than when it was first installed.

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
I have learned that Cogeco have not deployed SDV at this time, so the thread title has been changed to something more appropriate.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update...

After almost a week of working well the channel problem has resurfaced.

I went into the basement (shudder) and verified that nobody has added a splitter or done anything else to my internal wiring. Cogeco level 1 tech had me go to the settings on the PVR and the SNR showed up as ~15 db and was listed as "FAIR" in the Motorola settings. What is the "proper" or ideal SNR for HD cable?

There are people just down the street having the exact same issues and there is another dispatch scheduled for today.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Final (?) update

Cogeco did an early morning dispatch yesterday and ended up replacing a bunch of stuff on one of their boxes down the street.

The equipment in question had been damaged by a snowplow and repaired but apparently there was some undetected damage which only showed up when the extreme heat/humidity did. Works great now.

Honestly: I can't say enough good things about the techs and the area manager who got involved. With the exception of one guy I dealt with in level one support, everyone I talked to or came in contact with was professional, courteous and knew their stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts