Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am trying to install a new MyQ garage door hub. I am able to connect it to my wifi network through my Bell 3000 hub, but the MyQ hub cannot connect to the MyQ server. Documentation says that port 8883 needs to be open, so I opened it (both TCP and UDP and both internal and external) from the router interface. However, the MyQ hub still won't connect to the MyQ server. I read that some people had issues with port forwarding on a Bell 3000 hub, i.e. that a supposedly open port was actually not opened. I checked on canyouseeme.org and it does seem like the 8883 is not open, but I'm not sure it's the cause of my problem. I tried resetting my Bell 3000 hub and tried to disconnect anything that could cause interference, but with no success. MAC filtering is disabled and wifi signal is strong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mike.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
rated 3.4 out of 5 at Best Buy. This retired systems guy had it working but it was inconsistent in its operation. Modern door opener. Good wifi. Good luck! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts