Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't know what's going on. I can get almost everything on that satellite except what I really what to get: the DMX channels and Classic Arts Showcase.

The frequency/transponder for DMX is :3928 V 7249 SR set to auto

The frequency/transponder for CAS is :4076 V 3000 SR set to 3/4

Does anybody else have a hard time getting these channels? It seems like most of the vertical channels don't come in for me but only on that satellite. Other sats work with no problems so I ruled out the bad LNBF.

·
Registered
2 Posts
galaxy 17

That's the only thing I can get on Galaxy 17. The Arts channel is fine, the music list downloaded but no audio. I've been told that my lnb (the original) is "stuck" in vertical. I have ordered a new digital one, hope it will fix my problem.
Maybe yours is stuck in "horizontal"??? :confused:

Toonseskat

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it isn't stuck. I can get horizontal and vertical channels no problem. One thing that I have noticed is that the latest stroms that have hit the maritimes have been very hard on my sat eqpt. I'm thinking of getting rid of my 1 meter dish and replace it with my meshed 5 footer. With a high Ku lnb, I should be alright and gain more on the C side. At least that's the plan. I have to buy a Gbox and an arm for it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
They were playing fine for me last night, Toonseskat do you have a quality reading? keep in mind these channels are ac3 so you would need a hd receiver with built in decoder or a receiver able to pass the ac3 sound to a decoder (av receiver)

If you have an lnb then flip you polarity. An lnbf is a all in one unit the polarity is voltage controlled, so if you have a lnb then it is controlled by a servo motor, so if you have an analog or 4d just flip to the other polarity by changing the channels, easy to just use channel 1 and 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts