Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I am trying to setup my home theater system using the loop-through function on the Videotron Pace 551 HD terminal. Currently, I have the audio loop-through working A-ok. The audio is setup as such:

Digital out from DVD to digital IN on Pace 551, digital OUT from Pace to digital IN on Yamaha receiver. This pumps the digital sound into the speaker system I have. When the PACE box is on, I get videotron sound. When it is off I get DVD sound.

That being said, I did the exact same setup for the VIDEO, using the PACE 551's loop-through capabilities except that I get NO image when I play DVD's. Help!

Here is the configuration I tried and it doesn't work:

RBG out of DVD, IN to RBG on Pace 551, OUT of s-video port on Pace, IN to s-video IN on TV.

Again, when I do this, I have no problem seeing the Illico image, it is when I put a DVD in and press play. Turning the Pace box off produces the DVD sound but I have a blank screen.

Help!

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

K.

·
Super Moderator
56,462 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is that I have a NON-HDTV....this might be part of the issue. I used to have an HDTV, which is why I got the HD Pace converter, but now I have a non-HDTV.

I guess I should have mentioned that before. This means that the ONLY inputs on the back of the TV are VIDEO (yellow), Audio (Red and White), Regular Cable jack, and S-video. I figured that the S-vid will give me the best picture, which is why I have the signal going from the PACE box to the TV via s-vid.

My problem, again, is that I can't see the DVD image on the screen and I believe it SHOULD be going through.

Thoughts? (and thanks for the reply!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pace Loopthrough

The Pace boxes will only loop through "like" ports. In order to get video from your DVD player to your TV, you will need to use the RGB (really component) out to your TV. Since ther is no S-Video input, you won't be able to use that from your DVD player.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhhh...that makes sense. So right now, since I am using component to Pace loopthrough, and Pace S-Vid to TV, it is NOT transfering the DVD signal since it is component to S-Vid.

Since I only have component on the DVD I need to go component to Pace, Component out of Pace to TV.

Either that or get a real TV! Is that right?

That makes sense....thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts