Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there seems to be a problem with the Remote recording App showing the correct shows in the schedule. The screenshots below should illustrate the problem.

Scheduling the Nova program from the guide:

The popup for that show:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...cont'd

Then the problem, looking at my scheduled programs to record:

Do a search for Nova:

Do a search for Jerry Springer:

There's no Jerry springer on that channel at all, let alone around the same time!

-Andy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..cont'd

The problem does not exist on the Optik box. The show will show up in the scheduled recordings as the Nova program, not Jerry Springer.

The problem also exists with the iPhone app.

There's also a problem with the time in the schedule, if your phone is on a different timezone, it will move the "showtime" to the local time. Meaning if your travelling with your iPhone and you are in a timezone that's 2 hours ahead of Calgary, i.e. 5:00am in Calgary is 7:00am where you are, a program that airs at 5:00am in Calgary will show it airing at 7:00am on your iPhone.

Not really an issue so much if you know that ahead of time. It's showing you when the program would appear in your local timezone. A bit pointless, though, since you can't watch it if you're away from your home. It would make more sense for it to show the program times for your home so that if you're recording something while you're away, you know what time it will be recording AT YOUR HOME.

Now if Optik could stream to your iPhone or computer, then changing times to the local time would be useful.

-Andy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been experiencing this problem too, but have yet to find a solution.

It occurs when using Remote Recording on the Telus website, and on both mine, and my wife's iPhones. It also seems very random for me. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a series recording, and it doesn't seem to be tied to a certain channel or show. I can go days without any issues, and then all of a sudden 5 shows scheduled for recording have the incorrect name. In the end, everything records with no issues, and once recorded, everything is displayed correctly. It's more of an annoying issue than anything.

I contacted Telus about it, and after they spent a few days researching it, they left me a voice mail telling me that the problem was fixed, and that I may have to reinstall my iPhone app. Unfortunately, the issue is not fixed. I will contact them again this week when I have a few moments, and if they happen to have a resolution, I will post it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've noticed this issue as well on my iPhone but I've yet to try it with the web app. It had scheduled recordings showing incorrectly even though it recorded everything properly. It's strange however as it seems to have been fixed (for the time being at least).

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I experienced the same thing on my iphone... tried to record American Pickers with my the iPhone app, but it cam up as House in french. :confused: Thankfully it did record the program.

The next little bug... I set Big Bang Theory to record Thursday. I go to watch it today on one of my HD boxes and it doesn't show up. I double check the PVR and it is indeed there. Only after rebooting the HD box did it show up.

I hope this isn't something I have to do often. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to take so long to update everyone. I never did get around to calling Telus as I got busy. In the past couple weeks however, everything has been fine with regards to this remote recording issue for the first time since getting Optik TV back in November. I'm not sure if I'm just getting lucky for now, or if something was actually fixed. Anyway, if it happens again I will call Telus and post their reply here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts