Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
Most streaming services allow the downloading of albums and playlists for offline listening. There is little or no need to incur high data costs or roaming fees for music.

Even people who have relatively large music collections may listen to music services most of the time. Automatically generated playlists are convenient and it's a great way to discover new music and artists.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
so tell that to my cousin. he travelled to usa and wanted to listen to his spotify with his girlfriend during the car ride, he purposely wanted to pay the $7 per day roam like home to use his data in the states, so one week of that is $35, and on top of it he pays a monthly spotify subscription and has a data package on his cell plan he is paying for, not sure how much they charge, the costs easily add up i already see unnecessary costs he could have avoided. but when i went to the states last year, i simply burned a few audio and mp3 cds of my existing music collection and played it during my one week trip, total cost? $0 yes Zero. some people can decide for them self, but it seems people are paying MORE for convenience, even when we are in a economy where the belt is tightening and costs are going up but the money we make on our pay checks is not

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Crazy that your cousin didn't simply download a few of his favourite playlists for offline use to save on those data fees.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
when people hear spotify, they do not think about "playlists" they think about how can I hear the new Drake song when ever i want, ok now that I heard it, I want to hear the new Tayler Swift song like right now, ok I heard that one, now I want to hear the new justin bieber song right now. This is what people want, they want to hear their song like "right now" without having to buy it and pay for every song they want to hear

21 - 24 of 24 Posts