Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm really glad that I found this forum since I have a nagging question that I hope someone can help me out with or at the very least someone can relate to the problem that I'm having.

My problem is every time I record a non-HD show and try to fast-forward it or rewind the program, it bounces around all over the place. I want to fast-forward past commercials when I record a show and when I do, it doesn't stop at the spot that I want it to. With old non-HD channels that I recorded in the past and still have on my PVR, it doesn't do that with those programs, just any new non-HD channels that I record and try to fast-forward. It's been doing this for quite some time now (maybe 3 months) and it's super annoying. I have a Pace PVR that I bought in May 2008. Everything else works fine with it except this. I can tape HD chans and not once have I gotten or experienced this problem when taping HD chans.

Has anyone here ever heard of or experienced this problem? I hope I'm making sense. If not, please inquire so I can explain myself further.

Thank you..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
There is a known issue with the Pace trick modes (fast forward/rewind) that Pace was hoping to correct at the end of April with an upgrade however it improved it but did not fix it. Currently we are waiting on Pace to correct this challenge.

·
Registered
204 Posts
One sort-of workaround is to use the skip buttons instead of fast forward and rewind. The skip forward button skips ahead 30 seconds and the skip back button is something like 10 seconds back. It's not great it you want to fast forward through more than 5 minutes of material, but for commercials and the like I find it's not just an alternative, but actually works out better. The skip functions don't appear to be buggy for either HD or SD recordings.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Sorry I should have mentioned that, thanks Verd.

You can use the Skip button to go ahead 30 seconds and the Replay (backwards arrow next to List) to go back 15 seconds. For larger jumps you can use the Page + & - keys for 5 minute jumps.

·
Registered
204 Posts
For larger jumps you can use the Page + & - keys for 5 minute jumps.
Now this is turning out to be a very useful exchange of info. I had no idea about that functionality. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your replies. I knew about those skip buttons, but not about the Page + & - Keys for 5 minute jumps. I'll give it a try. So you guys have experienced or seen this problem first-hand before? Also, like I mentioned up above, with old non-HD shows that I PVR'ed in the past, this problem didn't exist. This problem only started approximately in October/November 2009. So when I go back and watch those old non-HD shows that I PVR'ed before October/November 2099, I can re-wind & fast-forward them and that issue never comes up. It's just super weird and annoying!!!

Shaw Guru: You said that Pace was hoping to correct this issue at the end of April with an upgrade. Where can I obtain this upgrade? Anything that can possibly somewhat help with re-winding & fast-forwarding non-HD recorded programs would definitely be beneficial to me and help me out tremendouly. Is there a website for Pace, so that I can stay uptodate to see if & when they will be trying to resolve this issue?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The updates automatically filter to the DCT as long as it is connected to cable and power so you would have received the update already. Unfortunately the update did not fix the issue which is why Pace is continuing to try to correct the issue. If you monitor these forums you will be made aware as soon as a new update is expected to be released. Unfortunately there is no ETA at this time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ShawGuru: Thank you for your help, your time and your patience. It is greatly appreciated :p I just hope this issue is fully resolved ASAP as like I mentioned earlier, it is SUPER annoying! I'm going to contact Pace directly to see if anything has been done since the DCT update. If anyone out there finds out or learns of anything new, please add or post to this thread.

Thanks again...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts