Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

since a few days ago (4th day today), when I turn on the digital box in the morning, all channel from 169 to 998 display "To subscribe to...", BUT the audio work and if I stay on the channel for about 5 to 10 seconds the picture come back to normal. So I have to reboot the digital box every morning when it happen. Rebooting solve the problem until the next day.

I want to know what does that, if others have the same problem and if is there a way to fix it.

If it's continue I will have no choice to try keeping the box on at night too.

It not that I wanted to complain, but the problem is just annoying.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What model digital box do you have?
I think is one of the first model that Rogers had, it the big black SD box from motorola with no model number in front. The one with the Millennium 4 remote. Speaking of the remote, the power button of the remote doesn't work. So I have to turn on/off the box with the power button on the box it self.

Edit:
ok, I found the model number online it's the DCT2500.
http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/CA-EN/Consumer-Products-and-Services/Home-Digital-Video/DCT2500-CA-EN

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have the DCT700 (very basic terminal) and I was experiencing a similar problem with the music stations. I unplugged the power for 30 seconds and after that things started working better.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
This sounds like an authorization issue. As was mentioned, if power cycling doesn't work you should call Rogers and have them re-authorize the terminal. That should clear it up.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Or you can do it from your rogers account if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a box from eastlink that is the same as the one in the photo & tis summer lost the sound on some digital channels I had to go into audio set up and change it from espanol to english or I would only get a low hiss.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've had 2 issues with the DCT6200 HD box on multiple occasions. According to Rogers Tech Support, these only happen with the 6200. I've never had these 2 issues with my 6208 which I use all the time.

Muted TV speaker sound
Symptom: Turn on machine, no sound, volume on box don't work, TV volume useless as it's getting no audio from the box via HDMI.
Fix: Hit menu button, scroll to Audio (default), hit Select. New menu appears, with Audio highlighted, hit right arrow twice to arrive at Fixed (Optimum). Hit up arrow and select Variable. Go back a few levels using left arrow, then come back to re-select Fixed (Optimum). This back and forth between Variable & Fixed cures it. Exit from menu. Change channel. Sound is on. Sometimes the sound comes on when you the back and forth, other times you have to change channel.
Note: There are other menu sequences which work. I know this one does for sure. And my buddy says this issue only affects TV speaker sound, as his HT sound setup works fine. Cannot confirm.

Channel Not Authorized

Symptom: Not a subscription issue, you surf the lower channels and find a single channel with this message.
Fix: Leave it on the channel and it will come back on its own. It can take from 5 secs to 1 min for the reset to occur.
Note: You can also unplug the box for 30 seconds for a power reset, but the guide has to reload from scratch.

As I'm writing this, we had a power glitch and I had to enter my PIN number to start, after which I had no sound again. Tried to access menu to apply above fix and I got an "update in progress" message. Could access menu after ~2-3 minutes. Applied fix successfully. Channel 5 took ~3o seconds to come back.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Channel Not Authorized[/B]
Symptom: Not a subscription issue, you surf the lower channels and find a single channel with this message.
Fix: Leave it on the channel and it will come back on its own. It can take from 5 secs to 1 min for the reset to occur.
Note: You can also unplug the box for 30 seconds for a power reset, but the guide has to reload from scratch.
I've been doing that all last week, but it still reappear the next day

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It fixed now, it seen that it was fixed on it own when Rogers change Star! for E!. I guest when they change something on the lineup it do a sort of a reset/reauthorize for everyone. Or it could be that Rogers notice it and fix it on there end. The thing is, the problem start when there was a service interruption for about 5 minute last monday (nov 22).

It all fixed now, for now.

Moderator please add [solved] to the title, I don't see and option to edit it myself, maybe since the message was posted more than x number of days ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts