Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any contact with Primus, whatsoever lately? My VoIP service has been down for the past two weeks and I have tried to get through three or four times, each time is a nightmare wait on hold. They just don't answer the phone.

I have even sent emails to eCare and got no response.

Primus service hadn't been this bad before, so I think it must be something more than just bad customer service... has anyone heard they're going out of business or something?

I am currently on hold, for about 15 minutes after computer message said an 8 minute wait. I know you can't believe those, but I have no hold music - it's dead air but "connected" on my cell phone.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, to Primus' credit they finally got back with me in an email. I was going to have to sit on the phone waiting for support for an hour. I was able to contact the person that emailed me quickly and they were helpful.

I am pretty sure I am dropping the Primus Home Phone service soon.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
877 Posts
My experience with Primus was the same as yours.

I use and highly recommend VoIP.ms. However, their business model is different from Primus. They require you to supply and configure your own VoIP hardware. While not difficult, it will require more of a time investment than Primus would. If you have a technical background I am sure it will not even be a challenge for you.

If you would prefer a company that would take care of all the technical details and send you hardware preconfigured, you may want to consider AcroVoice.ca. AcroVoice's owner Trev is based in Victoria and he is very very knowledgeable about VoIP technology.

m.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Currently on Triple Value Bundle

I dont have any issues with there service currently or when I had there VOIP service.

I did have an issue with there billing department(as well as a friend of mine) They are terrible with cancel requests. I was billed for 4 extra months when switchign from voip to triple value bundle before they rectified it and gave me a refund. I caught the error after the first month and called every 2 weeks. So if you plan to cancel i suggest as soon as your last payment is made put a block on your CC/ acount so they cannot continue to bill you.

My friend was billed for an extra 2 months and her deposit was withheld for 2 months as well. Took her calling almost every day for 2 weeks to get it rectified.

So to say again. there product is good and cheap. but there billing/ customer support is severly lacking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts